Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Flicker series is getting a facelift!

That’s right! Very soon, I’m going to reveal the all-new covers for Flicker, Brightly and Lights!

Why redesign the covers? Actually, a lot went into this decision. As much as I love the current covers—and as much hard work as they’ve done for me—I believe the books would be better served by a different look.

First of all, the old covers give off more of a romance vibe than an urban fantasy vibe. Because of that, some readers go in expecting a lot more romance than there is. The new covers have a much stronger fantasy vibe, and I think they’re a better reflection of what you’ll get when you read the books.

Second, with only Lee on the current covers, you get the impression that she’s the single most important character. In reality, of course, there’s an ensemble cast and multiple POV characters. The new covers reflect that much more accurately: Each cover features a different character.

Also, the new covers will feature original model photography by the very talented Christine Woeller—which means that these covers will be totally unique!

I’m about to order proof copies of the redesigned Flicker and Brightly paperbacks—and as soon as they’re in my hands, I’m going to share photos of them with you. I can’t wait for you to see them! They’re beautiful!


The cover of Lights is more of a special case: I’m going to unveil it during my reading at Sasquan in August, and after that, the cover will go live on my blog and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment